Court Rivals Forums

An open forum to discuss issues related to Court Rivals!

You are not logged in.

• Index
  •  » Media
  •  » Meet a College Player: barcelonafan8

#1 2009-04-11 22:02:19

kriskrosser4
Press Member
Accomplishments: 0
PM

Meet a College Player: barcelonafan8

1. Your team ADAA is currently 23-6, Pro A in Bird. Before the season started, what made you decide to put ADAA in Bird and not Kareem? If ADAA were in Kareem, would you expect them to play as well?

-We decided as a team to play in the Bird League because it's pretty obvious that Larry Bird was a better player than Kareem Abdul-Jabaar. In all seriousness, we decided that we wanted to have the majority of the team go gym rat but we also wanted to win at the same time. Obviously we would not be the #1 team in Kareem, we'd probably low pro A or high pro B but I think that by the end of the season we'd be able to hang with the top teams in Kareem.

2. You have 7 players. How do you manage to afford all of them? do you plan on maybe giving some away or just letting em rot?

-Right now I have 6 players because Chris Paul has been rotting since the end of season 4. It's tough with the cost but I ref soccer(I know, pretty lame) and I get some help from my friends on this site if I need it. I wouldn't have gotten a 6th player but I just couldn't pass up the opportunity to play in the Jordan league and try to win the inaugural championship.

3.Rock-Paper-Scisors has the most TP's out of all the players you have. Why did you decide to put him on Nosotros Somos Basquetball and not ADAA or any other team?

-I chose to put RPS on Nosotros Somos Basquetball because Weykool gave him to me at the end of the season and it would have been difficult to find the right team for him. I would have put him on ADAA but we returned all 10 players.

4. My birthday was last week, can you buy me premium?

-Happy birthday! I can't hook you up with premium unfortunately because it's hard to ref during baseball and soccer season.

5. If you could be on any Pro team, which would it be (other than ADAA)

-If I could be on any pro team that I'm not currently on, I'd pick Dyestat. They are a team of really cool guys, they are college athletes, they breed MVPs, and they are winners. What's not to like?

6. How'd you find out about Court Rivals?

-I found out about courtrivals during the summer when I was on centsports. I saw the link in DeamonDeacs' sig and I clicked on it to see what the site was all about. It looked cool from the home page but when I first signed up I just did not understand the game. I didn't even know the forums existed until 2-3 weeks until after I joined the site. In order to find a team, I googled "courtrivals team name and password" and clicked on pages plugging in the information until one worked.

7. My birthday was last week, can you buy me premium? tongue

-Since you seem so involved in the site, I'll sweet talk Bgirl and see if I can get you some premium smile

Team Philippines Basketball 2011-2012
Taylor Swift<3

#2 2009-04-11 22:09:21

tosweet68
World War I Flying Ace
PM

Re: Meet a College Player: barcelonafan8

kriskrosser4 wrote:

-Since you seem so involved in the site, I'll sweet talk Bgirl and see if I can get you some premium smile

FAIL

Nice interview though tongue

West Champions Angry Robots Attack - Season 24, 26  We Hunt For Naked Girls Season 35
RGM Mavs - Playoffs Seasons 2-38 Sweet 16 - Seasons 3, 7, 9, 10, 12, 13, 14, 16, 18, 21, 27, 31, 35, 38 Elite 8 - Seasons 8, 15, 17, 20, 24, 25, 29, 30 Final 4 - Seasons 6, 28, 32, 33, 34 Championship Runner-Up - Season 5, 36, 37

#3 2009-04-11 22:10:43

Dukester100
Muffin Stealer
PM

kriskrosser4 wrote:

4. My birthday was last week, can you buy me premium?

for some strange reason, those sound awfully similar to each other. i can't figure out why.

in all seriousness, nice interview.

"Love me or hate me. Hate my game, my swagger. Hate my fadeaway, my hunger. Hate that Iím a veteran, a champion. Hate it. Hate it with all your heart. And hate that Iím loved for the exact same reasons." -Kobe

CR Nationalities
CR Ages

#4 2009-04-11 22:34:53

HanesOnU
Press Member
PM  Website

kriskrosser4 wrote:

1. Your team ADAA is currently 23-6, Pro A in Bird. Before the season started, what made you decide to put ADAA in Bird and not Kareem? If ADAA were in Kareem, would you expect them to play as well?

-We decided as a team to play in the Bird League because it's pretty obvious that Larry Bird was a better player than Kareem Abdul-Jabaar. In all seriousness, we decided that we wanted to have the majority of the team go gym rat but we also wanted to win at the same time. Obviously we would not be the #1 team in Kareem, we'd probably low pro A or high pro B but I think that by the end of the season we'd be able to hang with the top teams in Kareem.

STRONGLY DISAGREE.

Last year you were PRO C, losing record. With only 12 team divisions, probably would have been PRO D this season. If you could compete with all those teams, then wouldn't you have stayed in Kareem? You admit that you couldn't win if you stayed in Kareem(thus your reasoning for moving to Bird), but then in the next sentence say you could beat those teams...

Last edited by HanesOnU (2009-04-11 22:36:10)

Radio Show: CR Junkies ---- CR Chat

"baby kiss me through the phone" - BGirl

#5 2009-04-11 22:42:06

Tesche
Scourge of the Seven Seas
PM

I'm gonna agree with Hanes on this one, as a captain of a team that chose to stay in Kareem, ADAA might be in Pro C due to TP, but wouldn't be in Pro A/B at all.

http://www.courtrivals.com/images/sigs/1308.jpg
"This thread has officially given me a semi." - Lord Rott

#6 2009-04-11 22:49:29

danny220
PM

kriskrosser4 wrote:

?[/b]

wow seriously barca? There is no way in hell you would be in pro A. Try college A maybe. You guys would be in Pro D and headed towards another first round loss if you tried playing with the big boys.. Which IMO would be better than winning the bird champinoship but well save this for another time.

http://www.courtrivals.com/images/sigs/8006.jpg

#7 2009-04-11 23:32:40

barcelonafan8
PM

I'm sorry that the 3 above users feel the way they do but ADAA's strategy has changed from last season.  We have gotten our act together with training and skill points and IMO are better than last season in which we were never lower than pro C and finished the season in pro B.  To say that we could be pro A at this point may be a bit over the top but we would certainly be no lower than pro B and we are only getting better as the season progresses.

to danny220: I admire that you want to compete with the best and I certainly agree with that philosophy in real life because it makes you better but this is an internet game.  On courtrivals, your players do not improve by playing against teams better than their own.  On courtrivals, I "play" for my enjoyment and I enjoy winning.  Yes teams similar to my own are in Kareem but we decided as a team that we would enjoy playing in Bird more.

Last edited by barcelonafan8 (2009-04-11 23:35:27)

#8 2009-04-11 23:34:41

eggrolls133
PM

Hehe, Kris is just interviewing all the well known Pro users who have College players tongue.

My Greatest CR Accomplishment: http://www.courtrivals.com/forums/viewt … p?id=98485
"The whole gimmick of the Toon Squad is cute smile"~Bgirl
"Don't ever call me doll."
PROUD CAPTAIN & CO-FOUNDER OF THE TOON SQUAD

#9 2009-04-11 23:41:57

marv88harrison
PM  Website

barcelonafan8 wrote:

I'm sorry that the 3 above users feel the way they do but ADAA's strategy has changed from last season.  We have gotten our act together with training and skill points and IMO are better than last season in which we were never lower than pro C and finished the season in pro B.  To say that we could be pro A at this point may be a bit over the top but we would certainly be no lower than pro B and we are only getting better as the season progresses.

to danny220: I admire that you want to compete with the best and I certainly agree with that philosophy in real life because it makes you better but this is an internet game.  On courtrivals, your players do not improve by playing against teams better than their own.  On courtrivals, I "play" for my enjoyment and I enjoy winning.  Yes teams similar to my own are in Kareem but we decided as a team that we would enjoy playing in Bird more.

Thats fair, I like your perspective. I wish more teams didn't feel like they have to stay in Kareem.

I would say most of the reason you are getting flamed in this thread is because questions 4 and 7 make this interview look weak.

Al Michaels | The Baltimore Bullets
Mike Carey | Candy Trafficking Task Force

#10 2009-04-11 23:46:36

Tesche
Scourge of the Seven Seas
PM

I'm not trying to flame at all.  I'm just speaking as someone who is captaining a perennially high (over the last 2-3 seasons) Pro B team that is struggling due to the change in the # of teams in each division.  The Beer Barons would be middle of Pro B and would have even crept into Pro A some thins season if we still had 16 teams per division.  We would have not dropped out of Pro B at all (based on the divisional ratings).  I think ADAA would find themselves in a similar boat to us.  Getting into Pro B this season is a real accomplishment.  Much more than it has been in past seasons.

http://www.courtrivals.com/images/sigs/1308.jpg
"This thread has officially given me a semi." - Lord Rott

#11 2009-04-11 23:49:20

Harst
PM

Dyestat is awesome, indeed. cool

Season 5 MVP
Season 6 Champion

#12 2009-04-12 00:03:08

I Am Basketball
The UnBanned
PM

i want to interview harst

Proud Member of The Replacements, ROTLW, The Tanks- S13 Champs
Both teams were reasonably balanced and the better team won today
Voted Best Avatar by the people  ~~ RIP supert420, a99tobe, camel, KIMBO, Cundiff, spevin and many...many more.
"We killed Drybones and ate him." - TheKaz  "This thread is as queer as a ten dollar bill." - Kazz

#13 2009-04-12 01:21:48

HanesOnU
Press Member
PM  Website

barcelonafan8 wrote:

You guys finished in PRO C, look it up. Say what you want, but full gym rat teams cannot compete. The Tanks and others have competed, but they weren't extreme full gym rat like your teams have been.

Radio Show: CR Junkies ---- CR Chat

"baby kiss me through the phone" - BGirl

#14 2009-04-12 01:33:25

bmf4ever
Press Member
PM

I Am Basketball wrote:

i want to interview harst

he was actually going to be my first interview, but i thought he was gone for good, so i interviewed the captain of ICA instead

http://www.courtrivals.com/images/sigs/3049.jpg

#15 2009-04-12 03:22:38

Camel
Retired Aussie Dromedary
PM

As captain of two Pro A Bird teams, I'll say - we went Bird because we knew we weren't currently up to the standard of Pro A Kareem. We were Pro B in Bird for most of last season, so we were close, but we weren't there. The WWWC has won 15 in a row in Bird, our last loss was to ADAA - by 9 points - and there is no way in hell I would place us close to the top Pro A Kareem teams. Bear in mind here that I am also a member of a top Pro A Kareem team and a couple of Pro A/Pro B Kareem teams, so I can tell you - no Bird teams would cut it.

http://www.courtrivals.com/images/sigs/3999.jpg

Too many players, too many teams!

#16 2009-04-12 10:40:11

barcelonafan8
PM

HanesOnU wrote:

barcelonafan8 wrote:

You guys finished in PRO C, look it up. Say what you want, but full gym rat teams cannot compete. The Tanks and others have competed, but they weren't extreme full gym rat like your teams have been.

I'm sorry, I forgot divisions locked.  I know that we finished #30 or #31 in division rating but forgot that we never actually got to move up in the divisions.

#17 2009-04-12 10:46:31

MichaelCoulthard
PM

eggrolls133 wrote:

Hehe, Kris is just interviewing all the well known Pro users who have College players tongue.

I've spent more time in college in past seasons I'm afraid tongue

I'm too sexy for my shirt........
What Camel said......

#18 2009-04-12 10:49:58

Florida__boi08
PM  Website

Good interveiw. And all of you people giving Barcelona crap about going bird, are just jealous you didnt do the same.

William H. Taft | G | Coup de Grace | Pro C | Kareem | Captain
Theodore Roosevelt | F | WAT FUU | Pro A | Kareem
Andrew Johnson | DunkDucks| Pro B | Kareem

http://www.courtrivals.com/images/sigs/8100.jpg

#19 2009-04-12 10:55:45

kriskrosser4
Press Member
PM

MichaelCoulthard wrote:

eggrolls133 wrote:

Same sad

Taylor Swift<3

#20 2009-04-12 10:56:47

barcelonafan8
PM

kriskrosser4 wrote:

MichaelCoulthard wrote:

eggrolls133 wrote:

Same sad

we still love you both smile

#21 2009-04-12 11:05:06

MichaelCoulthard
PM

barcelonafan8 wrote:

kriskrosser4 wrote:

MichaelCoulthard wrote:

Same sad

we still love you both smile

Gee Thanks big_smile

What Camel said......

#22 2009-04-12 11:06:34

kriskrosser4
Press Member
PM

I need premium, can anyone buy me it?

Taylor Swift<3

#23 2009-04-12 11:27:47

cane__boy
PM

kriskrosser4 wrote:

I need premium, can anyone buy me it?

i will if you buy me some first

F-Air up there-Scottish Superstars     F-Saul Silver-Speedsters     G-Rebecca The Walrus-ROTLW     G-Beccas Secret Lover-Bgirls Lovers

SuperSlicer, ToFuSmurf, Dchan, and Truballa are 4 cool Dudes
http://www.courtrivals.com/images/sigs/25283.jpg

#24 2009-04-12 12:10:03

Contender
PM  Website

I need premium too!

#25 2009-04-12 12:10:59

MichaelCoulthard
PM

Is this the begging thread?

Player credits wouldnt go amiss if anyones interested?

What Camel said......

• Index
  •  » Media
  •  » Meet a College Player: barcelonafan8

Board footer