Court Rivals Forums

An open forum to discuss issues related to Court Rivals!

You are not logged in.

#1 2013-03-24 19:41:10

Team Nucleus
Press Member
Michael Jordan
UNBA Globetrotters
Accomplishments: 39
PM  Website

Mod Wars

Court Rivals is in desperate need of active Moderators.
The spam is way out of hand and CR has become a haven for spammers.
Issues have also been coming up with the game and it seems to keep falling on def ears.
IMO we need at least 1 or 2 forum friendly moderators to interact with the user base.
We also need to assign someone to handle the Site Support side of things and any of the bigger issues. (Preferably an Admin or someone with ties to Kaz)
If you think you would make a good moderator post your application here.
In your application let us know such things as how often you visit the forums,how long you been a CR member,and how much you know about CR.
Make your case as to why you should become a Mod.
I'll keep track of every applicant in this OP.
TheKaz may or may not use this to help him make some decisions.
The 1st step is to put new active mods in place that can help address issues or at minimum bring it to TheKaz so he can evaluate things in a timely manor.
If this also falls on def ears, can't say we didn't try smile

Moderator Applicants:
rams78110
MenZ aka Citi
studstud
relnel

Let the Wars begin http://emoticons4u.com/violent/sterb029.gif

Last edited by Team Nucleus (2013-04-25 18:39:56)

#2 2013-03-25 11:28:39

Team Nucleus
Press Member
Michael Jordan
UNBA Globetrotters
PM  Website

Re: Mod Wars

So this is why we don't have any active mods.
Nobody wants to apply for the role sad
Come on people.....we need you!!!!

#3 2013-03-25 11:35:11

MenZ
Saturn Ascends
Accomplishments: 0
PM

If you have the desire to be a mod, you probably shouldn't be one.

Evil Empire
First Team - Season 30, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 38, 41 | Second Team - Season 31, 34, 37, 38, 40, 41
DPoY - Season 34 | All Defense - Season 29, 30, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 41 | Playoff MVP - Season 39
Champion - Season 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 38 - TGP | Season 35 - We Hunt for Naked Girls | Season 37 - Public Enemies | Season 38, 39 - High Hopes

#4 2013-03-25 11:37:58

Team Nucleus
Press Member
Michael Jordan
UNBA Globetrotters
PM  Website

Citi wrote:

If you have the desire to be a mod, you probably shouldn't be one.

People shouldn't have the desire to be a mod just for the label but instead have the desire to help make this game better for all of us. wink

#5 2013-03-25 15:50:07

rams78110
Akbar "The Dish" Shabazz
Rebirth of An Era
Accomplishments: 36
PM

I'll throw my hat in if there is literally no one else applying. I've been playing on and off since this game opened and I was a premium member for about a year. Pretty weak qualifications, but eh.

Playoffs x 11

#6 2013-03-25 17:26:23

Team Nucleus
Press Member
Michael Jordan
UNBA Globetrotters
PM  Website

rams78110 wrote:

I'll throw my hat in if there is literally no one else applying. I've been playing on and off since this game opened and I was a premium member for about a year. Pretty weak qualifications, but eh.

I'm sure you know the game well in your case.
Added to the list and welcome to Mod Wars big_smile

#7 2013-03-25 18:28:42

bluwizard
Madman With a Box
Dr. Xtmprsqzntwlfd
The Royal Knights
Accomplishments: 30
PM  Website

Doubtful you get many responses. Not because no one cares about the game, but because this thread seems inappropriate.

You're a random customer of the business who just decided he would start taking applications, if Kazz wants to "hire" a new mod he's not going to come peruse a forum thread like this to make his decision. And sorry, but like Citi said, I think about the last person I'd want to be a moderator would be someone who campaigned for himself in some thread called Mod Wars.

You would have better luck if you encouraged people to nominate a third party for the job. Someone like tosweet68 who is generally liked and respected and frequents the forum regularly, would probably do a great job of stomping out spam. But again, since this is totally unsolicited, its most likely better to just voice our concerns that we need an active mod to clean up spam and let Kaz decide for himself who he wants for the job.

Make Tea, Not War...

http://www.courtrivals.com/images/sigs/4117.jpg

#8 2013-03-25 18:36:52

Team Nucleus
Press Member
Michael Jordan
UNBA Globetrotters
PM  Website

bluwizard wrote:

Doubtful you get many responses. Not because no one cares about the game, but because this thread seems inappropriate.

You're a random customer of the business who just decided he would start taking applications, if Kazz wants to "hire" a new mod he's not going to come peruse a forum thread like this to make his decision. And sorry, but like Citi said, I think about the last person I'd want to be a moderator would be someone who campaigned for himself in some thread called Mod Wars.

You would have better luck if you encouraged people to nominate a third party for the job. Someone like tosweet68 who is generally liked and respected and frequents the forum regularly, would probably do a great job of stomping out spam. But again, since this is totally unsolicited, its most likely better to just voice our concerns that we need an active mod to clean up spam and let Kaz decide for himself who he wants for the job.

Make Tea, Not War...

How is this inappropriate?
Whats inappropriate is the way this site is handled by the very person you mention.
As I stated in the OP (TheKaz may or may not use this to help him make some decisions.)
*Its a start in that dirrection tho*
Also the OP is just what you stated in a way and that's to pursue Veteran CR members for the job of moderator.
(If you know someone you'd like to nominate then do so instead of trying halt what others won't even make an effort to attempt)
If you'd like nominate tosweet68 do so but please don't try to discourage me or others from making an effort.
I'm not promoting myself for the job in any way but I am encouraging others that might be qualified to do so to apply.
Once we have a list of applicants I'll email TheKaz myself with this information, then he can make his own decision on whether or not to use this thread and the list of applicants.
I'm sure he would have his own application for the listed applicants smile

Last edited by Team Nucleus (2013-03-25 22:54:09)

#9 2013-03-25 20:27:25

Codpiece
Bruce Skittles
Evil Empire
Accomplishments: 46
PM

Give the job to Citi.

He's active in both leagues and keeps odd hours. Plus, he has too much time on his hands.

Sunshine Swing

#10 2013-03-25 20:31:44

bluwizard
Madman With a Box
Dr. Xtmprsqzntwlfd
The Royal Knights
Accomplishments: 30
PM  Website

Look, I didn't intend to offend you but its inappropriate for you to compile a list of nominees for Kaz if he hasn't asked you to. Its not unlike walking into a restaurant, saying you don't like what they cook, and start asking the other customers if they want to be a chef. Try it, I think you'll get some weird looks.

And again, the last person Kaz needs to make a mod is someone who promotes themselves in a thread called Mod Wars. So if that's the list that gets constructed, I don't see the value of it. But that's just my opinion, not trying to attack you, that's why I tried to give constructive criticism and an alternate approach to the issue.

Now I won't bother your thread again, just letting you know why a lot of people probably won't be posting here. One last bit of friendly advice though: if you want Kazz to be receptive to your help, maybe don't take shots at how he handles the site while doing so.

http://www.courtrivals.com/images/sigs/4117.jpg

#11 2013-03-25 21:20:06

Team Nucleus
Press Member
Michael Jordan
UNBA Globetrotters
PM  Website

Codpiece wrote:

Give the job to Citi.

He's active in both leagues and keeps odd hours. Plus, he has too much time on his hands.

If he shows interest, I'll add him to the list smile

bluwizard wrote:

Look, I didn't intend to offend you but its inappropriate for you to compile a list of nominees for Kaz if he hasn't asked you to. Its not unlike walking into a restaurant, saying you don't like what they cook, and start asking the other customers if they want to be a chef. Try it, I think you'll get some weird looks.

And again, the last person Kaz needs to make a mod is someone who promotes themselves in a thread called Mod Wars. So if that's the list that gets constructed, I don't see the value of it. But that's just my opinion, not trying to attack you, that's why I tried to give constructive criticism and an alternate approach to the issue.

Now I won't bother your thread again, just letting you know why a lot of people probably won't be posting here. One last bit of friendly advice though: if you want Kazz to be receptive to your help, maybe don't take shots at how he handles the site while doing so.

I can't compare a real life in your face job to a game.
Big difference when you get paid cash for doing a real world job where as in a game as most moderators get paid in free play.
I'm not offended and you have a right to your opinion.

What this thread is called is irrelevant. Its the substance contained in it that matters.
Do I expect it to actually hire the names listed....no but there's a small chance and a small chance is more than we originally started with.

Some might take some things as taking shots but I see it as just stating the obvious.
Be honest...if it wasn't for whats left of the userbase posting in response to some questions,alot of information about the game would go unanswered.
I understand your view about this thread.
It's just I'm very motivated to get the ball rolling or should I say spinning http://www.sherv.net/cm/emoticons/basketball/basketball-spin-smiley-emoticon.gif

Last edited by Team Nucleus (2013-03-25 21:21:42)

#12 2013-04-07 15:30:56

Team Nucleus
Press Member
Michael Jordan
UNBA Globetrotters
PM  Website

#13 2013-04-09 01:27:32

Team Nucleus
Press Member
Michael Jordan
UNBA Globetrotters
PM  Website

We have a bunch of worthy candidates for a Moderator position going by the members posting productive threads and posts in the forums.
Why not at least assign a designated member to clean up ALL the spam being posted?
Its so annoying seeing threads get knocked down the list because some smuck wants to advertise shoes and jewelry in 5 different forums.
There are some old threads that could be removed from the stickies in a few forums as well. (Not the informative threads)
Some of the potential candidates right off the top of my head are in the forums most of the time and help fellow CR members on the daily.

Heres a list I gathered up of potential candidates smile
crothers, tosweet68, Citi, Peterpan402005, lestatpierer, cking, DaStarCity, CHICKEN, jrwafu, Defensive side, stiffy615, GooGleMe3D, Lakers75, Fadd, and cpark if he pulls a comeback like Jordan.

Last edited by Team Nucleus (2013-04-09 01:29:29)

#14 2013-04-18 19:40:57

claydog2197
Clay Dog
Dope City 69ers
Accomplishments: 60
PM

Well I don't really know why I am here, but Team Nucleus directed me, so I really think we need to find a new moderator. The spam is really annoying and people can get by with anything. I honestly don't care who gets it but if somebody gets it. The spam needs to stop.

#15 2013-04-18 19:43:08

Team Nucleus
Press Member
Michael Jordan
UNBA Globetrotters
PM  Website

claydog2197 wrote:

Well I don't really know why I am here, but Team Nucleus directed me, so I really think we need to find a new moderator. The spam is really annoying and people can get by with anything. I honestly don't care who gets it but if somebody gets it. The spam needs to stop.

Thanks for posting your concerns. You are feeling like alot of us do smile

#16 2013-04-20 14:54:06

Team Nucleus
Press Member
Michael Jordan
UNBA Globetrotters
PM  Website

Looks like the Darth Kitteh is out on the prowl for spammers big_smile
http://i279.photobucket.com/albums/kk145/EvilGrasshoppa/Evil%20Empire/laser-cat.gif

#17 2013-04-20 19:35:20

studstud
Russell Westbrook
Illuminati
PM

I would be glad to be moderator

#18 2013-04-25 17:53:15

relnel
Marc Pingris
BayHawkz