Court Rivals Forums

An open forum to discuss issues related to Court Rivals!

You are not logged in.

#1 2008-05-14 16:07:57

Retzy
Accomplishments: 0
PM

Welcome to the Suggestions Forum!

Thank you for playing Court Rivals and welcome to the Suggestions area of the forums.  While not required reading, the next few lines will give you a little better insight on how to post your idea or thought so that it has the best chance of sounding positive and not receiving mass criticism.

1. Shortly put, yes it may be a good idea, but do not try to start a revolution if it doesn't get added the next day.  As it stands currently, Kazz is the only developer working on Court Rivals.  He holds all the keys, has all the passwords, and can eat more chicken wings than you can.  This is his vision, we are merely enjoying the fruits of his labor (for free no less).  With that said, point number one is that while your idea may have merit and may be a wonderful addition to Court Rivals, not everything suggested will end up getting added.  Ease of administration, length of time coding, and any general upkeep are just a few factors that any programmer has to look at when adding modules or functionality. 

2. Search the forum for ideas similar to yours.  While not totally appropriate, you can expect some form of smart-ass-ness from people who have seen your idea posted previously.  If the thread has been dead for months, you don't need to bump it.  Simply create a new one.  If the thread is recent, bump it and add any positive thoughts/changes you can think of.  Remember, the idea here is to sell your idea, not only to Kazz, but to the masses. 

3. Try to be as descriptive as possible when posting your idea, but also as short as possible.  Nobody wants to read a wall of text and try to decipher what you mean, but if someone can see all angles of what you're talking about, they can get a better picture of whether or not they support it.  This also cuts to the chase quicker and allows the details to be decided over.  Which, moving onto four...

4. Expect debate.  It will happen.  That's the good part about your idea though, is that you cannot imagine the best scenario for every detail.  Other people will chime in and can add in their thoughts and mold and form your idea into a good working object.  Some of these thoughts may be negative which leads to five...

5. Be positive in your post, and positive in your responses.  While what Person X said may not be the same viewpoint as yours, it still may be a valid option.  Don't immediately reach out with your Smite-Stick and attempt to lay them to waste.  Being understanding will show others that you realize there's more than one option than your own in this world, and will make them more likely to agree with you, now and in the future.

<Doocar Edit>

6. Don't just post +1/-1.  Take the time to explain what you think are the good points and the bad points.

Additionally, Kazz has acknowledged many ideas as valid and you can see his viewpoint on the past and future of Court Rivals here.

- Rob

#2 2008-07-17 10:39:31

Doocar
Wannabe Developer
PM  Website

Re: Welcome to the Suggestions Forum!

Bump, as I think many new people need to read this, if you can actually read.

#3 2008-08-12 01:48:07

PippenAintEasy
Sidney Deane
Black Men Cant Jump
Accomplishments: 19
PM

+1

#4 2008-09-08 16:44:33

Dukester100
Muffin Stealer
Fight Back Against Cancer
Retirement Team
Accomplishments: 23
PM

Hello.

"Love me or hate me. Hate my game, my swagger. Hate my fadeaway, my hunger. Hate that Iím a veteran, a champion. Hate it. Hate it with all your heart. And hate that Iím loved for the exact same reasons." -Kobe

CR Nationalities
CR Ages

#5 2008-09-08 20:18:46

DmanWR85
PM

Dukester100 wrote:

Hello.

HEY

Earn Money by doing Surveys
Get Money for Doing what you already do- SEARCH
These are Completely legit...Have gotten over $50 from the 2. Pm if you have questions

#6 2008-09-08 20:29:34

tyler king
PM

too long

#7 2008-09-08 20:41:42

DmanWR85
PM

I wonder why this wasnt locked

Earn Money by doing Surveys
Get Money for Doing what you already do- SEARCH
These are Completely legit...Have gotten over $50 from the 2. Pm if you have questions

#8 2008-09-08 20:51:41

Captain Hammer
Feelin the love
Website

DmanWR85 wrote:

I wonder why this wasnt locked

Because up till now, people weren't just doing PostCount++ in here.

It's curtains for you Dr. Horrible! Lacy, gently wafting curtains.

Board footer